Skip to main content

Reply to "Five snipes placed 38 minutes early"

Is it really that difficult or time consuming to issue users a notification of down time giving them the option of letting a bid being placed too early or not? This thread just really highlights the complete lack of faith and communication AS has with its current customer base. I believe the practice of placing bids early for whatever reason is just an illustration of how AS will manipulate the bid to ensure a win and thus ensure payment. AS should tell the user ebay/AS may or may not be down and give them the choice to place the automatic snipe. If the customer comes here crying after given that choice point them to your CURRENT literature that clearly states there are risks involved. AS currently has NO OFFICIAL WRITTEN LITERATURE stating that it manipulates bid-lead times based of 'potential' down-times and high traffic forecasts. It needs to be in AS guides and FAQ. If you did, then there wouldn't be this problem.

From the FAQ:
quote:
42. How can I snipe when you go down for maintenance? When do you go down for maintenance?

Our maintenance is the same as eBay: 1 to 3 a.m. on Friday mornings. Your snipe wouldn't have gone through anyway. You can’t bid when eBay is down.

I notice there is very little here regarding time zones (for international customers) & and a potential for placing bids up to two hours early. Why is that information missing?

PB