Skip to main content

Reply to "First time sniper - a winner!"

quote:
Originally posted by Fredge:
quote:
You now understand what the hardest part of using AS is. In case you missed it, it's entering your MAX bid amount.

Yes, I got lucky that no other sniper beat me to the punch but in my defense each time I entered a maximum bid in AS I told myself that was the max for me and it was until I watched the machine slip away from me. After the third value change I made myself stick with that no matter what happened.

AS was still great about getting my bid in so close to the closing bell and next time I 'gotta' have something on EBay I'll be sure to use AS again.

Yes, the key is to decide on your REAL, TRUE, I REALLY WON'T CHANGE IT ANYMORE max. Indecisiveness can indeed be fatal in auctions.

I also recommend that you use AS for every auction. That's what I do. The fee is a mere pittance,and the added probability of winning is more than worth it, especially when you will be away from the computer. Why try to save an AS fee and risk losing an auction, even when it is not a "gotta" have item? (Is anything, really?

Welcome and hope to see you back here! Big Grin
Last edited {1}