Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback's becoming a wast of time!"

quote:
Originally posted by Gardengnome:
I can see your point(s), I'm a seller too. But actually you've just proved my initial point.

I quote, " I have one neg feedback and thank goodness I was able to give him a neg as well."

This is exactly the kind of tit-for-tat use of feedback that destroys the spirit of the thing. It leads to the blackmail situation we've discussed, in other words, "Bad-mouth me and I'll do the same to you!".

Yes, the seller does take a risk, I said a few negs are almost inevitable and what's so bad about 97%? - it's never turned me off a seller.

Keep in mind that if you receive a negative you have the chance to comment on it and state your case there.

I sell, and I give a positive feedback immediatley on receipt of payment too. If I took the attitude that you propose it would take the fun out of dealing and the pleasure out of contact with people, which is a big part of the eBay experience.

GG

Please you may be in it for the fun and experience but I as well as a lot of other people are in it for the business (aka $$).

The feedback system is designed so people can make others look bad hey I know it is mean but that is what it is there for. If everybody was good then there would be no reason for feedback.

sure you can leave a comment but do you think that really matters to most people? What do you think the majority do sift through all the feedback to find the negs? No they quite simply see the % and deside. If by some odd chance the are more interested they will click the feedback thing and look at the chart at the top see some negs and make their decision. (there are exceptions but most just go by the two I assure you)