Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback's becoming a wast of time!"

Bartleby, looks like we only agree to differ eh? I am in Australia (Melb). My one and only sale to Australia did go a bit sour but I mostly deal with England and the USA in selling and have always had good experiences with them.

quote:
GG - why dont you leave feedback first, as a buyer? what stops you?

I think the water's getting a little muddied here.

Let me state categorically that I nearly always post positive feedback immediately I receive the goods regardless of whether the seller has left feedback or not! As a seller I always provide feedback on payment.

The only exceptions are when there is a problem with the item, in which case I contact the seller immediately to discuss the situation. In many cases I don't even do that and just put it down to experience, accepting any loss. I'm currently holding only one in abeyance - I purchased a model kit described as MIB, which turned out to have a vital piece missing - hardly MIB. However I understand that people not familiar with such things can make honest mistakes and I have come to an amicable agreement with the seller which will see her paying for another one if I win it for the same price (or less). After that I expect to leave a positive for her.

I currently have only two other wins awaiting feedback - in both cases the goods are long overdue and I'm getting fidgety. At the same time I also have two items for which I've posted feedback and the sellers have not - one is over a month old!

NCXLightning's suggestion that the seller accepts all the risks is misleading. I pay in full immediately I receive advice as to the total amount - am I not taking a risk? I have had four occasions on which the goods never showed and all contact was ignored. At the moment my credit card supplier is chasing two of them to try and get my money back.

Incidentally, I have just come across a seller who advertises the fact that he will provide pos. feedback on payment! I can see this becoming a selling plus.

To a large extent eBay relies on trust - I think we are in danger of destroying that.

Who's next for the soapbox?

GG