Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback's becoming a wast of time!"

Its a bit different down here is Aus. Its a buyers world, buyers complain loudly and often if there is ANY handling charge, buyers will NEG if you charge them $18 for postage and you spent $10 on packaging (to make sure your china arrives safely), but the postage stamp on the box only states $8.00.

quote:
Originally posted by Gardengnome:
As I pointed out earlier many sellers insist that they will not replace/refund if the buyer doesn't take out insurance and I think this is fair enough.

I quote insurance, and have only had about 5 people out of just under 1000 take out insurance. I have taken it out myself on expensive items. Another difference over here is if you have *Proof of Postage*, our postal system will refund up to $50 without insurance. From what I have gathered from the Aus ebay boards, this encourages shonky buyers to claim lost/damaged items.

quote:

If a buyer complains as you say Bartleby, and you pay them off rather than get a neg., you will at least bar that seller from bidding on your items again, presumably.

Why would I do that if they have 100% glowing feedback with paying on time? I am not to know its not an honest instance. I also dont quite agree with the term *pay them off*, I tend to believe the sad sob stories I get told and dont react well to threats of negs.

quote:
Perhaps there are more shifty characters in other peoples areas of interest. I can't believe there are enough buyers practising such shonky goings-on to make a severe dent in an honest sellers record, though

Sellers feedback wasnt my main concern, I was more referring to the fact that if a seller leaves feedback as soon as an item is paid - what happens if the deal goes sour once the item arrives/doesnt arrive?

quote:
What happens if we ALL decide not to post feedback first? The system breaks down and it's open slather for every dishonest operator out there! We'd all have to give it up.

GG

Its NOT a stand-off, THATS where the problem lies, the buyer - if they pay on time, receive the goods, let the seller know the item has arrived.... SHOULD leave feedback then. What are they scared of? Why shouldnt they leave feedback, why would a seller NEG them when something like that happens?

IMO Its only when the deal goes wonky that the buyers dont want to leave feedback first. They are scared too because they havent fulfilled their part of the bargin correctly. Thats the only time they should be *scared* to leave feedback isnt it?

GG - why dont you leave feedback first, as a buyer? what stops you?

I sell 50 - 100 items per week, I ask my buyers to complete checkout as all the information they need it there, I send them an email letting them know that their payment has arrived and I have posted the item. I then explain my feedback arrangement and that ensures they contact me if they arent happy. It works.

Must get ready for work Smile