Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback's becoming a wast of time!"

Let me just throw a scenario out there....

What if you have a buyer pays within minutes of the auction ending, you post the item, leave feedback as every good seller should... then when that buyer receives the item they say it was broken/never turned up/not as described blah blah blah, even though you know it was as described, prolly turned up and wasnt broken....they retort with a I will be leaving Negative feedback *unless we come to a suitable arrangement*. So you scurry around, give them a refund or partial refund. They then move onto to scam the next person.

Now, from my experience, I dont *follow up* these kinds of dealings as I dont want to broadcast that I refunded money for an item that didnt turn up/broke/wasnt as described. You then only attract other shonky buyers like moths to a flame.

Soooo, does this buyer end up with 100% postive feedback because they fulfilled *part* of the deal?

I dont look at buyers feedback, until something goes wrong, but once something does go wonky, I look and see if there is a pattern. How would I know if this person has glowing feedback because all the sellers have left feedback once paid?

quote:
If your a buyer and go looking for something to buy and there are a tun of them going for around the same price and you have a choise of buying from a person with 100% and a person with 98% who do you buy from?

I am sorry, I wouldnt care 2 hoots whether I bought off the seller with 98% or 100%. I wouldnt automatically for the 100%'er thats for sure.

quote:
I quote, " I have one neg feedback and thank goodness I was able to give him a neg as well."

We dont know the specifics of this deal, maybe the retalitory NEG was warranted.

I DONT believe that a buyer has completed their end of the deal by just paying.

quote:
Lightning, I read your complete post. Are you filling in for Jabbarah?

I kinda wondered the same thing Skinny. Razz

Anyways, this is the looooongest post I have made for a long time me thinks, its a subject that I have strong beliefs about.

I *used* to be the seller that left feedback instantly, but I am tired of having a potential NEG lorded over me like blackmail. I have 1 neg and I dont really mind if I get another, *justified* neg's dont bother me in the slightest.

Ok - someone else can have the soapbox now Wink