Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback's becoming a wast of time!"

Hi Mrs. M. Nice to chat with you all again.

If this reaction by sellers is truly because of a tendency for buyers not to bother with feedback then I think my suggestion is the only answer.

If a buyer doesn't leave me feedback I don't even bother to remind them as some people do. To my mind it doesn't matter what the total of your feedback is as long as it's 99% (or thereabouts) positive, and that's all I ask of others.

In my last bout (or binge) of buying, I think about 40% of sellers didn't give feedback on payment, and, since I pay immediately and without demur that annoys me. I've done my bit! They've got my money. They owe me. I can understand those who do their feedback in bulk at the end of the week or something, even if I disapprove, but I currently have 6 won items, all paid for with no feedback. It's bad manners if nothing more.

As I'm certain you do, as a seller, I acknowledge payments with a personal email, not just a system generated one. I send one when the item's posted as well. As a buyer I immediately request a total price, advise by personal email when payment is made and also when the item arrives. (Exemplary ain't I?)

Seriously though, I think the feedback system is in danger of being corrupted partly because of some people's fixation with their FB total. If my idea was adopted these ones would be assured of getting their precious feedback and anyone still insisting on the buyer posting first would be exposed as attempting blackmail.

Boy, I sure can rabbit on when I get going! Are you SURE you missed me?

GG