Skip to main content

Reply to "Fed up with loosing snipes ..."

quote:
It's a shame as I've had some great results with AS - untill they started messing arround with clock adjustments and minimum lead times.
Ian,

An FYI – AS has ALWAYS (at least as long as I can remember) adjusted the lead-times. That’s nothing new. And for those snipers that would rather see an early snipe versus a no-snipe, that’s a selling point. On the other hand, it must be frustrating having a snipe get placed 40 seconds early, and watch someone else place multiple retaliatory snipes, but I have a feeling that’s more the exception.

The discontinuation of 1 and 2 second snipes is somewhat new (5 months ago). Here’s the thread:
https://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/38...911093801#7911093801
As you can see, for a while AS didn’t allow less than 5 seconds, but they did reinstate 3 and 4 seconds due to requests from users. I actually think that not allowing 1 and 2-second snipes was a wise decision, but like most things on this forum, that’s just an opinion. But, that opinion is based on previous complaints about snipes not getting placed, mostly from those 1 and 2-second snipes, and that kind of complaint hasn’t been posted for a while.

Good luck.

P.S. If you do find an alternative, be sure it has a forum.