Skip to main content

Reply to "Exorbitant Shipping Fees"

I was agreeing with Steve!

I was also suggesting that, as nothing was broken (it would appear more by luck than judgement), then the $25 was OK for P&P (i.e. you agreed to it and you got exactly what you paid for - postage and packing resulting in delivery of undamaged items).

Here in the UK, a can of Coke costs 35 pence in the supermarket and 80 pence at a motorway service area. Everytime I buy a can I feel like berean01 - p*ssed off!
These guys are obviously ripping me off!
How dare they!
But then I swallow my pride, drink my drink and accept that I paid the price they quoted on the shelf - the decision was mine. Next time, I'll know what to expect and bring my own from the supermarket or cough up! I'll also tell all my friends and they will be able to make an informed choice the next time they travel our pleasant little roads...

On Ebay I once paid $10 P&P for a $6 CD that cost $5 to ship to the UK. The P&P was as quoted in the advert and my complaining also got nowhere. Nowadays (I'm up to 64 feedbacks!) I shop elsewhere if I judge the P&P to be too high.

Can I humbly suggest that you decide to accept that we all feel 'ripped off' from time to time but then benefit positively from the experience gained?

Here's my quote - sadly not relevant but amusing all the same: -
It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." J Danforth Quayle Confused