Skip to main content

Reply to "Exorbitant Shipping Fees"

This thread has become so long now that people are not taking the time to review the original comments I posted when I started this enigma rolling.

THE REAL QUESTION IS THIS:

If you pay a huge amount for shipping/handling (in this case, $25), isn't it reasonable that you should expect to get $25's-worth of shipping and handling?

In case you haven't read the entire thread (which most likely you have not), I'll repeat the relevent information for you here:

1) Actual Shipping was $6.71 -- a difference of $18.29.

2) Seller used only old, dirty newspapers for packing -- nothing else. And, not enough, at that.

3) There were a few loose parts that I had escaped their containers because the lids were not firmly and tightly secured.

In light of these facts, don't you think I had a right to ask for, at least, a partial refund of the excess? Are you absolutely comfortable with her pocketing $18.29 -- a 273% overcharge? If I were a seller, I could not, in good conscience, do this to a buyer even if I did state it up front. I would not be able to sleep at night. There is no way that anyone can call an $18 over-charge reasonable and fair.

Here's a quote that would be good for all of us to remember: "People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the LOVE of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and have pierced themselves with many griefs." I Timothy 6:9-10 NIV