Skip to main content

Reply to "Exorbitant Shipping Fees"

Fellow Ebayers:
This is a rather common topic on eBay. I must admit that I have bid on an item without really reading the S&H fineprint, to find out that the S&H were , well outrageous. Ok, I went through with the sale, licked my wounds and considered myself lucky. I believe that in most instances the feedback speaks more about the person leaving it than the person receiving it. I for one treasure my feedback profile ( 101+ positives, no neutral / no negatives), because it gives the seller/buyer a good look at my "ebay credit report". On the other hand, I also feel the responsibility to leave the appropriate feedback whenever a transaction has gone wrong. So far that means ONE negative and ONE neutral in over 300 eBay transactions. From my perspective, there is very little point in airing an argument on what is "reasonable" if the auction had explicit terms which the buyer later finds them to be "less than reasonable". At the same time, a neutral posting towards a seller with a straight-to-the point explanation really catches my eye, as it shows the maturity of the buyer.

Ok, after all that rambling, here is what I would like to see from eBay: a personal ranking system that I can share with other eBayers without having to publish it at large. It would work like America Online's buddy list, where I can block certain people and allow others to "communicate via auctions". I could share the list of "Buyers I trust" without any explanations, based on my experience with a more granular system than the Positive/Neutral/Negative.

What does the rest of the group think?

Thanks for your time,
Kindest Regards
Jorge