Skip to main content

Reply to "excessively loooong lead time(s)"

First thing first:

Bartleby: Thanx for the welcome (Should have come from a Support(?) person, but thats my oppinion, & I am THE CUSTOMER) Go figure!!!

Pallbearer: I agree with (& stated already) everything you said. Thanx for the support.

Chatter: Maybe I will, with this kind of support from AS.

Sniper SarahB: I am not going to lower myself to your level of rudeness, & your in Customer Support? It doesnt matter whether I put in 2 or 200 snipes a day or week or whatever. I am still a customer!! FYI: This isn't the first time it has happened.

Now, back to the basics.

1.My complaint was NOT about AS adjusting the lead time, but about the LENGTH of the lead time. I cut 2 secs off, & it goes in 27 secs early? At that time, it's no longer a snipe!!
I can do it myself with that lead time, & so can anyone else. Do I expect to win EVERY auction? NO!! WHY? See #2

#2. I know the value of what I am bidding on. I've been collecting these items for the past 30 years thru in-person auctions, & thru absent bidding. Do I win every one? No way, I'd be broke by now. Do I win enough to know the value of the items I'm bidding on? YES, MOST DEFINITELY!!!

3. Why are we given the option to cut our lead time, only to have AS "adjust it excessively"?
The key word is "Excessively". Any lead time, in my opinion (I AM THE CUSTOMER, NOT Sniper SarahB!) over 15 secs, IS NOT A SNIPE!! If I REALLY wanted the item, & I was FILTHY, DUMB, RICH, I would bid way over the value of the item, just to win!! We are paying for a service that needs some fine tuning to correct this problem. If, as AS says, there is that much traffic, why are these bids getting in so early??
Can a support person answer this, & don't even think of trying to insult me & my intelligence with your rudeness!!

Thanx