Skip to main content

Reply to "Everything seems ok, but"

Scott,

No disrespect, but I'm trying to understand some of your earlier posts in relationship to your more recent posts. The following are some comments that you made:

May 28, 2003 08:52 PM:
"... Auction sniper is already kinda shady in my eyes already since it defies the purpose of the Ebay bidding system. It bids late so that people have no chance to outbid you. That's already kinda low and dirty, and hurts sellers. ..."

"I'm somewhat against AS in the first place cause it gives an unfair advantage to those who use it ........"

May 28, 2003 10:03 PM:
"... And basically YOU ARE ALL WRONG. sonofagunk has a very good point. It is only practical not to place that extra bid which is guaranteed not to win. ...."

"(1) AS's job is to provide an alternate way to bid on Ebay, It is their 'JOB' to enact any enhancements which may save their clients money. Don't talk bull**** about AS's 'job'.
(2) Like my ass it won't affect the lower bidder, the 'lower bidder' reaps the awards when he is the 'higher bidder' and then ANOTHER SNIPE is cancelled which would have only boosted the price.
(3) Yes, some people would probably get their undergarments all up in a bunch over their snipe being cancelled. But hopefully, they would realize it is saving them money at the expense of the poor poor sellers. ..."

"SO, clearly this is a great money saving (for AS'ers) thing which is great!! You all seemed to miss this fact somehow, and instead brought up inane points about how your snipe is sacred, and shall not be cancelled without your full written consent. ..."

"Basically, any third party system which saves bidders money by lowering winning prices in an underhanded way is subject to scrutiny. And that is exactly the whole idea behind AS. I suspect that if AS becomes too popular then Ebay will take steps to disallow it. ......"

I don't consider you a "foe". I'm really trying to understand.