Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay Searching"

My, a few of us are awake much too late tonight! Must be 'moon fever' - or too much caffeine?

My daughter is only 17, but when the time arrives for her to be courted, I hope some gentleman brings me gifts, too. (I have six sons and only one daughter. Any fellow who pursues her will have an obstacle course to run to get past them! The nice part is that she is not too boy-crazy or overly impressed by guys' boasts, having lived with 6 brothers!)

Upbringing is a good word.

About table setting - when the kids were small, I outlined vinyl placemats with permanent marker to indicate where plates, flatware, glasses, etc. should be placed. I'm pretty sure you can buy them already marked that way, too. Not something to use for fancy dinners, but a cute item to help little ones learn (while they are still young enough to WANT to help!). I recently printed a guide to proper table setting off a web site somewhere so my kids could have a chart to follow when setting for more formal occasions.

By the way, since peridot is also your birthstone, what day is your birthday, if I'm not prying? Mine's August 21st.