Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay Searching"

Thanks for checking the store for me. Royal Ruby is harder to find because it is from the time before the pattern names or numbers were written on the back of the pieces like they are now. I had to sleuth around quite a bit to even find the name on a replacement web-site. It is almost identical to another pattern called Conway, also hard to find - the only difference is that Royal Ruby has a gold trim, while Conway has brown/brick trim. Both patterns mix together well.

I have found pieces on ebay with search parameters of Noritake (nippon toki kaisha, made in occupied Japan) and Noritake (Conway, Royal Ruby, unk*). Once in a while I just check Noritake, but there is so much. I'll call that store for those elusive missing pieces.

By the way, I love citrine! It seems so cheerful and friendly (for a rock, that is Smile). I have a lot of citrine, from tiny tumbled and polished bits to big clusters. I also like plain old sodalite - not really semi-precious, I guess, but it looks great with blue jeans! (Sodalite is a dark blue with white variegation, like lapis lazuli without the golden touch.) Fluorite can be real nice, too. Also kyanite, jasper, vanadanite, and plain old agate. I tend to get the more precious stones as jewelry, and the minerals for specimen pieces.

Men are wearing more jewelry nowadays. Maybe you can make rings, cuff links, button studs or something else with some of your favorites.

Maybe Mother Mary needs new earrings and beads!