Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay Searching"

BJ - That's funny! We have some similar tastes. Maybe I bid against you on the opals and all. I also have loose ones, waiting to be set, as well as some already in jewelry. Peridot is my birthstone - but not that many people appreciate it. Do you have any topaz? I can hardly find the old-fashioned golden color anymore - I think it's called imperial topaz. I don't have any ruby or emerald, yet, but I do like just about all stones. My next gemstone purchase will probably be iolite.

My Noritake is the Royal Ruby pattern. Pretty.
I agree about using our "nice" things all the time. If we don't, what's the use? If they break, they break. We can get more. Our heirs would only enshrine our favorite collections after we're gone, anyway - or sell them on ebay!

I use my Blue Willow every day, and my king's crown at least once a week and my Noritake at least once a month, and for all special occasions. I like to honor my friends and family by serving them with my best. And I'm a bit of a nut about tea, so I often have tea parties. I'm normally down to earth, and don't do foo-foo frilly, but when my friends and loved ones sit at a damask covered table, enjoying chicken salad, cucumber sandwiches, and lemon bars on fifty-year old china, with lovely music and lively conversation, then they and I are refreshed. I believe in making life beautiful, when I can.

My, how I do ramble.

Anyway, thanks much for the tip about that china outlet! I appreciate it!