Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay Searching"

I wish I wanted something inexpensive!

I started by catching up on 30 years of jewelry-buying. (We were super-broke for years, and now we are OK - or we will be if I cool it with my ebay addiction, that is.) After pearls, sapphires, opals, diamonds, amethysts, onyx, garnets, tanzanites, tourmaline, etc., I had exhausted that urge.

Then, I went on to crystals, rocks, and minerals, replenishing and augmenting a childhood collection mostly lost over the years, until I had worn that out.

Likewise, sea shells, a collecting hobby my uncle had started me on. (shell*, seashell*, sea shell*)

Then Noritake in the pattern inherited from my husband's grandmother.

Then extra pieces of Blue Willow (my daily pattern).

Then more dishes to add to an inherited set - ruby-flashed king's crown thumbprint glassware.(Wow! Many ways to search for that!)

Then the silver pattern.

Along with that, a little bit of long-lost favorite music.

I've hunted up bargains, and paid a fraction of retail, so I'm happy overall. What I've gotten brings me pleasure, makes me smile with happy memories, serves us well for hospitality to friends and family, and leaves an inheritance for my children.

BUT, I am afraid to look up one more category, lest I go off on another buying binge! If I'm not careful, I'll start an "addicted to e-bay" collection. I need that T-shirt - Stop me before I bid again!