Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay password stolen"

quote:
I was notified by ebay that my account had been compromised and that they had changed my password, which required me to go through the maze of unblocking my account. I thought the same thing, maybe there was a correlation between the timing of starting auctionsniper and ebay; however, I had changed my password so I considered it good.

YOUR PASSWORD WASN'T STOLEN - YOU GAVE IT TO THEM!
I get these emails daily from 'ebay' - they're phishing emails too so looks like you gave them your details! AS stores your details in encrypted form - if they were losing passwords to hackers then there would be many, many more complaints. [Whenever I get an email from 'ebay' along those lines I send them to spoof@ebay.com - if they're legitimate then they'll let me know - so far NONE have been!]

Trojans? get yourself AVG Free and Ad Aware SE and do a one-off check HERE!

quote:
Keep looking at what is in \Program files, \Startup, what processes are running (Task Mangler) and what is in the Registry - both current user and local machine, looking at startup and run items, and do a Google for anything you do not recognise.
No need especially if you're not IT literate - let the software take the strain!

R2