Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay notice during final auction minutes"

We already established that when one has bid manually on an item, during the last part of the auction (though we did not establish at which point) a notice from eBay appears at the top of the auction, stating that the auction is nearly over, be sure to get in your last minute bids, etc.

Here is a new notice. It appeared, in the same place, at the top of one of the few auctions I lost. I used AS but was outbid. Here is what the notice said after the auction was over:

Bidding has ended for this item. You were outbid.

How did this happen? eBay compares your bid to those of others. You were outbid because another bidder placed a higher maximum bid than your bid of US $xx.xx.

How does bidding work? eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid of US $xx.xx. If the item ends for less than your maximum, that's all you'll have to pay. See example.

The last words are a link to an eBay bidding tutorial. This is a good feature of the new layout, I suppose. Perhaps more newbies should check it out, since not all understand how proxy biding works.

Anyone else receive this message? (Luckily I already have the item; this was an extra for my workplace.Big Grin)
Last edited {1}