Skip to main content

Reply to "ebay identity compromised"

Hi all,
I'm looking around this forum for the first time. Have used AS for a year or so since a seller told me about it.

I just couldn't help myself, even if this thread is quite old...

I feel real happy that I have a Mac when I hear about all these problems people have... I haven't had any problems whatsoever (knock on wood) since I went online around 10 yrs ago... The punks and fraudsters seems to consentrate on Windows... I do get lots of phishing mails though, but I have been lucky in that I know what they are.

I really don't understand though. I got a new e-mail address, and hadn't given it to anybody. Just used it on eBay. It sure didn't take long until the phishing mails came. The only people that had got the mail address, was eBay sellers. To be sure I had my disk scanned, but no things that doesn't belong there (Spyware etc.).

So some of you think 10% sales tax is a lot? Where I live, we pay 24% sales tax... And prices are higher too...

Can you tell I love to buy on eBay? Only cheap things though - customs tries to get us to buy here, if the value is over $28-29, we have to pay sales tax on it, plus on the postage, plus a processing fee...

Because of these things, AS is a godsend, I sure don't want to push prices up. Smile