Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay gets ethical!"

quote:
Originally posted by Camera Collector:
Sire, I take it now that you are assuming the Royal "WE", all of us must address you with greater respect?

A bit of a stretch, but I’ll send you a ribbon for participating.

The “sire” is appreciated, but uncalled for.

Old business:
‘I take it now that you are assuming the Royal “We”’ – not unless you are referring to GG. You being a “schoolmaster” (I hope that wasn’t a required course) and all (or nothing), I may well be mistaken in the use of “we”. Since there were two of “us”, G********** and my***f (asterisks have been used to protect the innocent), in agreement, I thought the use of “we” was appropriate (maybe an “our”?), unless you think GG wasn't agreeing with himself? You would know better then me, or is it “I”? Glad to see you said, “I take it ” instead of your traditional “We take it”.

Since “we” (that would be you and I, and anyone else that drops in to discuss “we”) are discussing “we”; regarding your once saying, 'some of your posts have of late been a trifle "sub standard" shall we say'. Considering you (Camera) were the only one making that statement, it seemed your use of “we” was the wrong choice. The “we” in that context almost sounded like something a sheep (notice that sheep is both singular and plural – I “gather” that’s because you never see one by itself) would think (assuming sheep actually think – do sheep think, Camera?).

Of course, the “We” could always mean the mouse in your pocket.

In your schoolmaster role, did you happen to teach Bill Clinton what the definition of “is” is, and if so, what grade did you give him?

Also, you left out my “OK, don’t let this go to your head “ in your quote. Does that mean YOU agree that GG shouldn’t let it go to his head?

On to “all of us must address you with greater respect?”; I wouldn’t expect an old dog to learn new tricks – Fetch the bone, Rover. [wink, wink, or should I say, “baaaa”?]

Emo, your position as the representative of the better social classes in this jolly old forum is still intact.