Skip to main content

Reply to "Don't you think the lead time should be changed?"

quote:
Originally posted by ska8ter450:
Hey I love this site but the only thing I don't like is the lead time. It's at three but I think that they should make it lower. Other sites have it at 1 and it works 90% of the time.
ska8ter,

Say the following:
One Mississippi
Two Mississippi
Three Mississippi

Do you really think that those 2 extra, or even all 3, Mississippi’s will allow another sniper enough time to react? By “react” I mean for them to see your snipe, and then place an additional snipe in retaliation to yours? And, to “react” they would have to be a manual sniper, not one using software or a sniping service. Even if the other sniper had one window opened watching the bids and refreshing like a madman, and another window opened with a bid already set, that would have to be one Super-Sniper to accomplish it. Just refreshing is going to eat up one or two or more of those Mississippi’s, and jumping over to the bid window is going to take some unknown quantity of Mississippi’s, no matter how quick-minded and dexterous one is. Try it, and if you can do it manually, then I’ll be the first one to buy your book titled, “How to Respond to a Snipe in Three Mississippi’s”. Even with the help of a partner or using two computers, it would still be considered an Olympic event.
Last edited by rick