Skip to main content

Reply to "DO NOT DEAL WITH FIREBUY ("CPU77")!"

Mrs M.:

Yes, the part about the toner was included in several of the messages to the seller.

What I paid for the item dosent matter... its the replacement value that I insure things for. And I bet that the replacement value is even more than $1,500.

Regardless of which, the machine was in perfectly good condition... the error "Check Printer ##330" that the seller makes refference to is a blown fuse in the power supply board. That causes a voltage problem because only half of the power supply is putting out and the laser unit has no power, so the machine thinks the print board is dead. Smile

The only thing that was wrong with it was a $0.39 fuse. I was going to use it for parts simply because I already own another fax just like it and my whole power supply board is bad - not just the fuse.

The machine I bought was perfectly good, all except for the fuse. So if UPS would have broke it all to hell, then yes - I think they should buy me a new machine. Canon dosent make these anymore... so they would have just bought something comprable... but still.