Skip to main content

Reply to "Did not win"

I'm relatively new to AS. I have just started using it and have been quite happy with the results I have obtained. I've won a few and lost a few but was most happy that I did not have to be around when the auction was ending to place my bid.

Until yesterday. I had a snipe scheduled to be placed 12 seconds before the auction ended. The reply I got was "Item Not Won".

No bids were placed on this item. Not even the snipe bid I had scheduled. Digging further into the explanation I came up with "transaction not allowed".

Now I know it was not because I was using a Bid Group. I just place my bids from the single entry window that shows when you bring up your snipe account.

Luckily it was not an expensive or hard to come by item. I have already made arrangements directly with the seller to purchase this item. The biggest deal is that AS did not place my bid. How am I supposed to feel confident using this service???

If there was something truly in place with the seller that was able to block my AS bid, I would like to know the circumstances. Can anyone explain?

This is just an opinion but it seems kind of odd that there are several instances surfacing all at once with the same symptoms. To me, this indicates that AS goofed up somehow. Any response, AS?

Mike O.