Skip to main content

Reply to "Bug with AuctionSniper which needs fixing - eBay seller can completely change listing"

quote:
Apparently you work for AuctionSniper.
So, using your logic, apparently you work for eBay, or perhaps the seller?
quote:
Any reasonable customer would be just as surprised and unhappy as I was.
We’re both customers, but can’t say the same about “reasonable”.
quote:
So in your opinion, everyone should carefully manually monitor all AS snipes to make sure the listing wasn't changed while they weren't looking.
“Carefully”? You only need to look at the listing ONCE in the last 24 hours, IF there’s been no bids.
quote:
Perhaps I should constantly monitor the auction listing on eBay at all times?
“Constantly”? Again, you only need to look at the listing ONCE in the last 24 hours, IF there’s been no bids. Anyone ever tell you that exaggerating comes easy for you?
quote:
I'm not asking for "Rocket Science" here.
You’re asking for something that AS doesn’t provide, as a quick glance at the help text would have shown you.
quote:
I'm just pointing out a failure in the current system, and suggesting that AS offer a fix.
It ain’t a “failure” on AS’ part, but a user error. But, you’re right that something needs to be “fixed”.
quote:
Seems like it would save AS a lot of unhappy customers.
“Lot”? I can only remember one other time someone commented about this on the forum. I think their user ID was Always_blame_someone_else.
quote:
Apparently well reasoned bug/problem reports are treated as flames in the forum.
“Well reasoned”? “Bug”? It’s neither.

If you MUST blame someone, then why not the seller? Why would the seller change the listing from a trail bike to a lawnmower on the last day? Why would eBay allow it? If you MUST blame someone, why not blame them?