Skip to main content

Reply to "Bidding Early with AS?"

quote:
- Why does it occasional bid SO early, and is there a way to prevent that?

I'm using a 7 second snipe, and it has, from time to time, gone off 30 or 40 seconds early.
The past couple weeks, I've been on sort of a bidding spree on ebay! I've used AS to snipe more auctions than I have in a while. I've NOT had the excessive time padding to my lead times that several others have experienced. I have set my default lead time to 11 seconds for over a year now (maybe 2!), since I first saw the lead time padding complaints here on the forum. The most time padding (curiously, almost ALL my recent snipes were padded -- none seemed to have fired at the set 11 second lead!) I've seen to my snipes is 2 - 5 seconds (for a total lead time of 13 - 16 seconds). Occasionally there are bids after mine, which I realize MAY or MAY NOT have been in response to my bid. While I, like most snipers, would like my bids to register less than 5 seconds from the end of auction, I definitely would like to avoid the excessively LONG leads some have experienced. SO FAR I don't recall having experienced the long padded leads that others on here apparently have. Now of course that could be purely coincidental rather than direct correlation to my set double-digit lead time, but there it is for whatever it's worth!

Regardless, the fact I can set up bid groups to bid until I win, that I can bid within the last MINUTE of an auction, that I can bid while I sleep(!), is all valuable enough TO ME to continue using AS services.

My 2 cents....