Skip to main content

Reply to "Bidding Early with AS?"

quote:
Have you considered that the later bids may have been automatic snipes

Yes, I had, but that's not a more pleasant thought since it has the implications you describe above.

quote:
And I don't care what anyone says, no-one can manually react with only 30 seconds to go.

Care or not, I've done it countless times. It is so incredibly easy if you're really paying attention and ready to react. My system is nothing special, I'm still running 98 as my OS for heavens sake, and I can still easily manage to get a reaction bid in even if there are only 20 seconds remaining. (Done it in less, too.) Remember, you can have more than one window open at a time to complete the task.

Oh, and I've done this on Sunday evenings most often because that's when I tend to be present for auction closings, especially since I've given up having AS place bids for me at that time. In fact, I almost never start the process of placing my bid prior to 30 seconds remaining so that I can see as many of the last minute bids as possible. This past Sunday I reacted with only 9 seconds left in an action and won, so I know it can easily be done.