Skip to main content

Reply to "Bid enhancement"

quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
quote:
I think this should have been a win and wasn't my max bid was $17.89 with 2 increment enhancement (wanted to try out the feature). The winning bid was $18.50. And it says Bid increment too low,

Hi mommom!

Your snipe bid was $17.89 and your 2 increment BE bid would be $18.89. It appears that neither bids were able to be placed. With the winning bid at $18.50, the next bid that would be accepted by ebay would be $19 -- higher than any of your bids. Also, the winning bid was a proxy placed 3 hours before the auction end. Who knows what the actual bid was? -- Could've been $25, and you still would've lost even if your $18.89 bid had been accepted.

You were outbid. Frown Don't sweat the loss. Look for the next one listed! Smile

Thank you for the further reply:

I don't usually sweat it if I lose, hey if I'd wanted it, I would have bid more, right? But it did seem to me if you go 2 increments above $17.89 my max bid would have been $19.89 and this would have been a win.

I've seen from trying myself and reading here the circumstances when BE LOSES. I'd like to see when BE wins! Until then I'll up my max bid and not fuss with it.

BTW: my snipe fire is set to 3 seconds.