Skip to main content

Reply to "Bid enhancement"

Hi Cara!

Thanks for jumping into this discussion! If I understand how this feature works, AS will re-snipe if the first snipe is 2, 3, etc. bid increments (depending on selected setting) lower than the winning bid? i.e. 2 snipes? Or does AS check to see if current winning bid is greater than the max snipe price AND less than the max plus the bid increment setting, and then on the fly adjusts the ONE snipe up to that revised snipe max?

For example: I set my snipe max at $25.25 and bid enhancement at 2 bid increments. Current bid is at $20 at t-6 secs. What does AS do? Does it submit my max at $25.25? Does AS then snipe AGAIN if I'm proxy outbid at $26.25? Or does the bid enhancement feature only come into play to adjust my one and ONLY snipe price upward if (in this case) the current winning bid at t-6 seconds is between $24.26 and $27.25?
Personally, I would like a 1 bid increment adjustment, which to me means my max snipe price would be adjusted upward by one increment ONLY if the current winning bid at snipe time is $24.26 up to my max ($25.25).

If you were to provide some "what-if" example scenarios, and how the bid enhancement feature would work, it would be very helpful.