Skip to main content

Reply to "BETA TESTING"

Now an "easy lister" is certainly a marketable commodity, but immediately you are in competition with those that are already well established. So you have to fight a "features" battle - mine has more than yours etc etc. This is quite a difficult task and involves lots of expenditure. Also, to many "Free"="Avoid"

I would personally direct my marketing campaign at those "beginners" at a point before they start to list. i.e. Help for those who would like to become first time sellers.

As web professionals, I am certain you could devise a whole web site devoted to "selling on ebay" - all the ins and outs - cover all the stages from absolute beginner to advanced. If it is done with great clarity and is obviously better than ebay's rather "offputting" (for a complete beginner) instructions, then personal recommendation will drive people in your direction.

Naturally, as they are already beholden to you for instructing them, they will use your products. This will improve takeup of your new product and bring the company to the notice of many more buyers.

I notice you are running an adwords campaign. There you are head to head with ********! In fact the clever one is http://www.**********.com who does it for free! Why don't you put more effort into optimising your web site to rank higher?

If you put your front page intoPooodle Predictor it points out obvious things like lack of headings, navigation driving content into third place. Use of CSS classes is virtually useless in telling a search robot what text is important!

Other strategies you should consider - registration at ICRA - this helps people read your site at work by permitting it to by-pass the filters etc etc

Paul
Last edited by snipersarab