Skip to main content

Reply to "Auction Sniper problems"

It seems that this is the way of the world now. The OP here is aptly named--as a new (and likely to soon be former) AS forum member, he could serve as the poster boy for those newbies who come in, angry and ready to kick up some dust, when in fact they do not yet completely understand how AS works, or often eBay for that matter. We have always had a certain number of these, but over the past year seem to have gotten more such visits.

Even on the polite side, we get more members nowadays who are also new to eBay, and often do not understand their proxy bidding system, increments or a lot of other bidding business. Sometimes they come with confident, yet mistaken, notions of how eBay bidding works. At least they are cordial about their ignorance, as opposed to folks who come in here, loaded and ready to fire--or my personal favorites, folks who come into the AS forum simply as 1-5 post wonders--who ostensibly registered as forum members only to tell the AS community that they are leaving. They have a great desire to make a dramatic exit. When I am leaving a product or service behind, I simply go; I definitely do not wish to make a loud departure in front of complete strangers, as that seems pointless.

So my question is why are we getting so many newbies--both the courteous and untoward types--who barely understand eBay, let alone AS? In the past people tended to use eBay at least for a little while before waddling in here. I know that I, like many others here, got sniped a few times and that let me to locate AS--but this was only after I had come to understand the eBay system. The OP did not necessarily misunderstand eBay--though maybe he did, given his PayPal status. But certainly others come here as newbies to both--any thoughts? Confused