Skip to main content

Reply to "Auction Sniper not placing snipes"

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
Hmm - software develops bugs from time to time - AS works fine normally so why flounce off in a huff at the slightest problem?

I guess it could be AS not being proactive and informing their clients of a problem. That we had to lose auctions to learn of this problem and their lackadaisical attitude in responding. Yes I agree that AS has worked flawlessly for the 2 years I have used it. However, this type of software is not allowed the luxury of bugs or failures, as each time that happens, someone loses something. I can't recover those missed auctions, those items are not for sale anymore. I am not saying this is fair, it is what it is. We don't call our IT departments and tell them our computers are working fine, we only call when there is a problem. And I wouldn't call what happened last weekend the slightest problem. I would consider it pretty major as shown by how many people were affected.

I also don't understand AS's attitude during this time regarding competitors. I received an email saying that I cannot promote AS's competition in this forum, which I wasn't doing. In addition to not letting us know there was a problem, AS also didn't offer any solutions or workarounds. WE basically were left out in the cold until they fixed the problem. I guess I am old school but if I was running AS, I would have not only alerted my customers immediately and I would have offered an alternative. Rather than fearing my competitors or putting my head in the sand, I would have used this opportunity to show my customers how other snipe software works. This would have accomplished two things. It would have shown how much AS really cares about its customers AND it would have showcased how inferior the other products are. AS is definitely the best sniping software. The other companies do not have a mobile app, which I use all the time. I never said I was jumping ship, I am a loyal person and AS has served me fine.

This is all just my humble opinion