Skip to main content

Reply to "Auction Sniper did not bid on my item"

Hi all,

I've used Auction Sniper happily for several years...until last night when the same thing that happened to Sala happened to me!

Although I do understand that it was illogical to have set my snipe higher than the Buy-It-Now price, part of my rationale was this: Since I wasn't able to monitor the auction in the two days leading up to its close, I thought maybe--near auction end--the bidding price would have already exceeded the BIN price, and still be climbing...in which case my above-BIN snipe would have been effective. Does that make sense?

At any rate, now I've learned my lesson about the new lingering BIN system--I should either set my snipe below the BIN price, or just Buy-It-Now if I'm really interested in something! I think this new system definitely favors the seller...which I occasionally am, so I see the benefits. But I'm sad to have learned the hard way about how AS interacts with it. I'm still bemoaning the "loss" of not winning the item!

And yes, a warning (when I set my snipe above BIN price) would have been nice...instead of seeing that reassuring green "Ready"!