Skip to main content

Reply to "Auction Sniper Confuses Item Numbers, Bids 50 minutes Early"

I haven't had that kind of problem but I did have a totally screwed up set of bidgroups not long ago. Not the same, not even a similar problem, but likewise it's a stark lesson in just how shaky AS is. I use and love AS--but only because it seems better than the alternatives and is cheap. But look at these technical glitches--look at these plain screw-ups and lame responses, look at the fact that constantly snipes are placed even minutes before ending times (for which the usual explanation given is, if you really think about it, NOT GOOD ENOUGH), look at the fact that even now AS has no thought of setting up contingent bidding which everyone and their dead grandmother have been praying for, look at how far-from-ideal the whole setup is, ....

Someday a couple of smart guys in their parents' garage--or hell, not that, but some idle programmers at Google or MS--are gonna wake up to the fact that this auction sniping market is screaming for some really capable competition. Of course then due to my long history and all my loyalty to AS I will stick with AS... NOT!

Good to get that off my chest....