Skip to main content

Reply to "AS software intermittently buggy"

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Natural:

Latest one was 3814075468. I had a bid of $80 on this, with a lead time of 13 seconds. AS simply didn't post the bid (which could have won-- the winning bid was $67). Instead, AS gave me a message of "Cancelled", and deleted the snipe sometime in the last two hours of the auction. What's more, it cancelled and deleted all the other similar items in my bidgroup!

I had the same thing happen about a month ago, where AS simply didn't post the bid with ample lead time (13sec on a Monday morning). The interesting thing in both auctions is that the item in question went for about half its real value. This suggests that a lot of people's snipe bids were not being placed.

When AS support tells you AS "always always always" places your bid, take that with a grain of salt. I'm finding it fails maybe 2% of the time, but it's still better than sniping manually.

Good luck!

I know this is frustrating, but as you have seen here, you may contact support and file a case.

Remember that you have NO way of knowing if you would have won. You bid $80, but the high bidder could have bid $100; you don't know. All you know is that $67 is what was needed to beat the next-highest bidder. This may or may not be a consolation.

I am afraid I do not follow you on the part about many people's bids not being sent. WOuld you please explain?