Skip to main content

Reply to "AS Sniping error? or regular occurence."

Wrong again. You had 2 bids, one you won, and the other your bid was two low. Both had a status, both were correctly placed by us and the confirmation page shows that.

Wrong again. You're confusing me with someone else. My bid simply wasn't placed, but that was because it was too low, or as you charmingly put it, "two low". This morning it shows up on my summary as "Bid Too Low". For several hours last night it remained blank, and I haven't had email confirmation in the last 9 hours. This doesn't matter, but it shows your software is inconsistent.

Face it: AS software is just a little flaky, and it was failing to send appropriate prompts and responses to users last night. This was the cause of northernlebars's problem. In my case it's trivial and it doesn't matter at all, but the fact it didn't update or respond shows your system is working erratically.

I estimate I get weirdness like this in only about 2% of bids, so AS is still the best we've got. It would be less annoying if AS simply admitted there are problems, and that we have to live with them.