Skip to main content

Reply to "AS new feature -- testers needed"

Kev

I don't mind testing software that's in Beta form but I do mind testing software that is blatently not working - if every man and his dog is reporting typos then they're not reporting subtle problems that the dev. team haven't noticed or making suggestions at a stage where they can be more easily implemented. The errors we're noticing would have been spotted and corrected if someone your end had taken 5 mins to run through the new page(s).

As for your response "If you don't want to beta test, there is no requirement that you do so" - this is the response of a scolded child. Remember that many of your customers are busy people, the likes of Rick and I are often making sensible suggestions (some already implemented in the product); I for one would like to spend my valuable time beta testing a product that looks like it has had some QA time spent on it so that the feedback you get is worthwhile...

Do not get me wrong - I like the idea of this watch page and I'll definitely have another go on Thursday - so please get someone your end to test it for basic problems...

R2