Skip to main content

Reply to "ARGH!!!! DID NOT PLACE BID!!!"

Thanks for the story -- it's nice to know we're not the only ones who have close-calls with crazies once in a while... Or who spend the rest of the day dreaming of what we MIGHT have done or said!

My closest "close call" was kind of similar, but with a much more satisfying outcome. I was on my lunch break one day, driving down a one-lane-each-direction road, carefully obeying the speed limit but otherwise minding my own business. After a while, I noticed that the guy behind me was swerving all over the road. Watching him in my rear-view mirror, I realized he was swerving to get my attention, and making all sorts of rude gestures, tailgating, and generally doing whatever he could to protest my lawfullness. Finally he pulled over onto the shoulder, and roared past me, nearly taking off my bumper in the process. What he didn't know, and I did, was that Austin's Finest had set up a speed trap around the next curve... By the time I got there, they already had him stopped. I laughed all the way back to work!