Skip to main content

Reply to "ARGH!!!! DID NOT PLACE BID!!!"

Funny how this thread was wandered into this topic.

Just a couple weeks ago, I was a victim of "road rage" myself. I was tooling down a 4-lane commercial stretch of road in my area. I think the speed limit was about 40 mph along that stretch of road. I have no idea how fast (or slow) I was going at the time, but I wasn't in a hurry. I was in the right lane & a tractor trailer truck was in the left. When the truck merged over into a center turning lane, an old Jeep Wrangler that was behind me jerks into the passing lane, roars past me, cuts over in front of me bearly missing my front fender, and skids to a STOP in front of me! Eek I bearly got stopped myself! What the heck?!? Mad We were dead stopped in the right lane of a 4 lane road in between traffic lights. I quick looked in my rear view mirror because I was concerned I might get rear ended since we stopped so quick. There was a truck behind me that got stopped with plenty of distance.

Out of this jeep jumps a fairly young (I'd guess 20's) bearded guy with a Indiana Jones style hat and leather jacket who comes stomping back toward my car yelling and screaming and carrying on! I thought he was nuts! I locked the doors and made sure the window was up. I was so rattled, I forgot how to turn the volume of my radio down, and 'til I did, he was done yelling and stomping back to his jeep. I still haven't a clue what he was yelling at me about!?! Confused

Dang thing about it, I followed the guy into town. The whole time there was 1,2,or 3 cars in between his & mine. He never drove fast like he was in a hurry, so I assumed he didn't think I was going too slow. The whole time >I< was stoking a pretty good batch of rage myself!! Mad I didn't really want to hurt the guy -- well not badly. I was just mentally reviewing a menu of nasties I wanted to do to his old jeep -- everything ranging from lighting a gas soaked rag stuck in his gas tank to slashing his tires to unscrewing the valve stem guts out of at least 2 of his tires, putting them in a plastic sandwich baggie, and leaving the bag under his windshield wiper along with a "Have a nice day!! Smile" note!

Well, I managed to refrain from doing anything rash, and managed to cool off, though I've rehearsed in my mind what I might of done differently. I kinda like the dozen road flares bundled with duct tape with a length of cannon fuse sticking out of it! When somebody forces me to stop, I jump out the same time as them, lighting the fuse and yelling in my best hick accent, "I GOT som'em fur YOU!!!"

Oh well. The incident DID give me an interesting story to tell! Wink

Jabbergah