Skip to main content

Reply to "ARGH!!!! DID NOT PLACE BID!!!"

It's kind of sad and kind of funny, sometimes, to hear someone come in to the forums screaming curses because they didn't win their widget and it's "OBVIOUSLY" AS's fault... only to have four or five of the pros point out to them that it was actually their own mistake. And even if it's not, "you catch more flies with honey..."

But I have to say, I've seen more than one rather tetchy response from support, when a simple "I'm sorry this didn't work out the way you expected, this is why that happened, please let us know if we can help make the process clearer" might have soothed frayed nerves. Customer Service 101 says that sometimes you've got to accept unjustified criticism with a smile on your face and an apology on your lips.

I guess the question is whether this is a gathering of friends, or a customer support function. Or maybe a customer support function that has turned into a gathering of friends? The Customer Service side can't be ignored, even when there's only one customer in a room full of friends.

Nevertheless, I still say that AS is doing a great job, and I appreciate the difficult position that Support sometimes is placed in.