Skip to main content

Reply to "ARGH!!!! DID NOT PLACE BID!!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Shirley:

Finding answers to those questions can be frustrating, if you DON'T come to the forums. But how many new users really come to the forums and read all the posts BEFORE they have a gripe? And why should they be expected to?

[snip]

And since (as I said the other day in another topic) most people don’t bother to read all the carefully written instructions, FAQ’s, and disclaimers anyway, I guess there’s only so much they can do…

Welcome to AS Forums!

I agree, Shirley. My difficulty here comes not with the fact that people do not always read forums or FAQ's first (that is quite natural), but with the fact that, as newbies with a gripe (even a legitimite gripe against AS), some come in here loaded and ready to fire. I am not just talking about angry face icons, mind you, but with "damn it," "I'm pissed off," and cries of "What is wrong with this freaking service?", etc.

If I were new somewhere, and even if I thought I was wronged, I would not come in with such cries, if for no other reason but the chance that I might have been the one who messed up. Whether it were my fault or someone else's would remain to be seen, but at least allowing for it would bid me to be a bit more polite the first time around. I mean--how can anyone come in screaming the first tme anywhere? Confused

I do appreciate the mending of the fences by a new member here. Thanks. Smile