Skip to main content

Reply to "Are you as demanding as this buyer?"

quote:
Originally posted by Miabead:

Those of you who claim to sell an item and ship it the next day may be offering a dozen items at a time. I've bought clothes, grandma's junk drawer, etc, from vendors who obviously have just a few things to sell at any given time, and they're ready to mail as soon as the payment comes through.

In defense of the rest of us, who have a hundred items listed, and no warehouse, or shipping staff, sometimes it takes a little longer than 20 minutes to get a package in the mail. Congratulations to those who can manage that (most of the time I do), but please don't slam a seller who isn't on alert 24/7 to mail somebody his dang $2 tee shirt.

I have advertised as many as 130 items at one time in the past, worked 40 hours plus, and was able to ship within one to two days. My items were not grandma's junk! My feedback speaks for itself. (sweater32). There were days that I thought I would go crazy trying to package and mail the orders for I too didn’t have a warehouse, etc... If I sold an item and it was paid for then that item is no longer mine.

It is a great idea that you warn people ahead of time that it will take you up to 10 days to mail their paid item. I personally would not purchase from anyone who advertised shipping may take 10 days. The original author of this issue stated their item was purchased on Monday and arrived to her customer on Saturday. I would have absolutely no problem with that time frame for it is a very reasonable time period. If the weather was prohibiting me from mailing an item then I would send a letter of explanation to that buyer stating why ‘their’ item was not mailed. It would be easy for them to check the weather conditions in my area and know I wasn’t delaying mailing on purpose. I would not wait until I received an email questioning why item was not shipped to date. If you can only ship on week-end that is a different story and most post it in the advertisements. However, mailing on certain day or days is not ten days.

Also, it may be a two dollar item to you but it is money out someone’s pocket that paid for it. Rather they paid for a $1000.00 or a $2.00 item they expect the same type of service for all items that were purchased. I don’t think the cost or what an item happens to be should have any bearing, rather it be a T-shirt, seeds or a diamond ring they should all be treated equally.

Yes, there are exceptions to every rule.