Skip to main content

Reply to "Are you as demanding as this buyer?"

So happy to see this addressed by another seller!

I get occasional demanding, self-righteous letters like this one, usually from males on the East Coast (wound a little too tight?).

I call it The Vending Machine Syndrome.

They punch PAID and expect the item to pop out of the computer immediately.

I sell seeds, so there's no life or death at stake, but four days after one of these characters clicks on his Paypal button, he wants those babies IN HIS MAILBOX saluting!

After writing about a hundred "The mail is slow. All the airports are shut down by blizzards" letter, I changed my ebay page to say
SHIPPING AND HANDLING TAKES 10 DAYS, and added a paragraph explaining I have no control over the postal system, so buy insurance.

I put it nicer than that, but not by much.

Those of you who claim to sell an item and ship it the next day may be offering a dozen items at a time. I've bought clothes, grandma's junk drawer, etc, from vendors who obviously have just a few things to sell at any given time, and they're ready to mail as soon as the payment comes through.

In defense of the rest of us, who have a hundred items listed, and no warehouse, or shipping staff, sometimes it takes a little longer than 20 minutes to get a package in the mail. Congratulations to those who can manage that (most of the time I do), but please don't slam a seller who isn't on alert 24/7 to mail somebody his dang $2 tee shirt.

There are nutcases in every population. On ebay, we have no way (except feedback, which is next to useless most of the time) to screen the loonies until it's too late. I'd like to block every new buyer who doesn't have at least a feedback of 20, so they learn the ropes beating someone else up before they get to me. You can read the feedback of someone you're going to buy from, but there's no system for NUTCASE RATING, and once one of these sad, demanding psychos buys something, you're stuck with them till they're happy.

THEN you can block them from buying again. Too late. Headache already firmly in place.

Hang in there! You're not alone.