Skip to main content

Reply to "Are you as demanding as this buyer?"

Interesting!! Funny how expectations determine one's attitude on things!

Business day. Noticed Rick picked up on the day thing. By the buyer's "accounting", 4 business days passed. I think the buyer's "accounting" is flawed! Just what constitutes a "business day"??? What are the hours? Aren't business day hours 8 am - 5 pm. Isn't a "day" 24 hours? So the order is placed LATE Monday afternoon (essentially early Monday EVENING!): by my accounting, late Tuesday afternoon would be 1 biz day, late Wed. afternoon would be 2 biz days, & late Thurs. afternoon would constitute 3 biz days. Technically, wouldn't Thursday, forenoon actually be 2 1/2 biz days?

The buyer, and some on here, EXPECT an ebay acquired item to be shipped within 2 business days. Presumably, that would be considered a "good" ebay shipper. It seems to me that they also think a shipper requiring ANY LONGER to ship is a "bad" ebayer! Not much of a range there! I didn't realize the line was so specific and distinct! In my world, there is exceptional, above average, average, below average, and poor. In MY world, when I receive an ebay item within 7-10 days, I think that as rather exceptional, or at the very least above average. Let's see, this case specifically: order Monday evening received Saturday afternoon -- umm, yep: still qualifies as rather exceptional in my book! Definitely would NEVER have even considered e-mailing a whiny e-mail such as I received after only 3 days into the transaction process!?! Especially when expedited shipping/handling was neither requested, nor specifically promised.

Interesting -- by my accounting, it has been nearly 2 DAYS (presumably, by the buyer's "accounting", it is 3 days!) since the buyer has received the item and I STILL don't have any feedback from them! Maybe I should wait until tomorrow before sending the following:
quote:
i am very disappointed that is has taken you so long to leave feedback. USPS delivery confirmation indicates you received the item saturday april 1 06 but yet i have not received feedback from you. by my accounting thats 4 days. i was under the impression that i would have feedback IMMEDIATELY from you.i am very unhappy with this type of service.
Wink I find the irony delicious and rather humorous, but am not sure about risking my here-to-fore 100% positive FB over this silly issue! Maybe I should include a winking smiley with the note? ;-) Razz Still probably wouldn't "get it" and would probably unleash a scathing neg. FB!

BTW, sorry about putting my private machinations on this issue on the board. When I stand back, the whole thing is rather tedious. But then again, all the hot topics on AS software's failings are rather tedious to me, too! Wink Although the one thread wandering into osterich cusine is rather interesting.... Wink