Skip to main content

Reply to "Answer Quick Finder"

1) I do not feel that it should be our mission to teach newbies to discover for themselves. As much as I do sometimes tire of the same questions, and as often as I wonder "Why don't they look that up in the FAQ, like I did when I was new in the forum?", I recognize the different types of personality styles, especially the fact that some people just won't look, no matter what you do to make it easier.

2) I am not sure what the problem is with copying and pasting URL's. It is done all the time on this forum.

3) Adults' learning styles are quite different than those of three year-olds.

4) I am not sure what you consider "a limited number of regular contributors," but IMHO, we have a good number of regulars and semi-regulars--many of them knowledgeable, and greater in number than many other forums that I frequent.

5) I do not see how this forum could be accused of malaise. Every time I come on, I am amazed at how many new posts there are, even if it is just an hour or two ince my last visit.

6) I have no idea what the episode with the New York (City? State?) Police was supposed to mean, in terms of this forum.

7) Neither do I follow what you are saying about an educational system (and I am a professional educator, so go figure), a containment system, or several other points.

I do notice that we seem lately to have more people who are not only to new to sniping, but new to eBay, as well, and they still do not understand how eBay's bidding system works. With all the help features there (chat rooms, messages boards, FAQ's, etc.) that they do not use, I doubt anything different will occur here, until a direct question is asked and answered.

Sorry, but I am as confused as ever. Confused
Last edited {1}