Skip to main content

Reply to "Am I the Only One Who Hates How eBay Pushes PayPal?"

I'm an individual seller and I've listed BIN auctions when I want to sell an item and I want to sell it quick. I also do it if I know I won't get much more than x-amount for it and don't want to wait a week for someone to nibble at it.

quote:
I don't bid on auctions that don't accept Paypal.

I also prefer to bid on auctions that accept Paypal. I will not bid if it's a small amount and I have to buy a money order to pay for it. If they don't accept Paypal but they will accept a personal check I'll bid if I'm not in a hurry for the item. I have my L.L. Bean credit card attached to my Paypal account. Whenever possible, that's what I use for my ebay purchases because I earn points on my card. For every so-much spent, I earn a $10 coupon towards L.L. Bean. I like Paypal because it's instant and it **usually** means my item will be shipped within a day or two of receipt of payment. I say usually because there's the occasional seller who still feels the need to wait for a credit card payment to clear (?). Don't ask. That was a seller from hell who did that to me. lol

I haven't noticed ebay shoving Paypal down my throat. Then again, since I have it and I use it often maybe I don't get the advertisements like the original poster does.