Skip to main content

Reply to "Always pays to check the shipping"

I think shipping and handling is one of my biggest pet peeves. Especially after receiving a dozen children's books that had been individually seaaled in gallon Ziploc bags! Cost to ship media rate was was $3.85 when I received but I had paid close to $10 for shipping. Dummy me thought it had to do with the weight!

High exact shipping uis one thing but the handling charges are a real trip! Sorry - but the cost of packaging gets old fast. There are LOTS of ways to save on packaging without passing it onto your buyer.

Things I've used - CLEAN egg cartons, newspapers, old magazines that are ready for the trash, dryer sheets, (I put mine in a special bag to be used for that purpose,) printer paper that the note didn't print correctly or the picture (never family) that didn't print right, plastic shopping bags from Wal-Mart. KMart, grocery store, turning a box inside out, reusing the popcorn, bubble wrap, clean, old pantyhose are great for securing glass items and there are a lot more things that can be used that one would usually thrown away.

I think my biggest pet peeve is when shipping Priority mail. The last I heard, the boxes were free. So is delivery confirmation when you know how to do it.

Guess I better get off my soapbox now. I just made a bunch of sellers angry with me and I won't be able to snipe anything!!

Crafty