Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice wanted: How to send a m.o."

quote:
Plus, I can't order this online. IOW, I would have to go to a Western Union office to do it, according to their website, which I spent some time on trying to figure this out. Big problem if I need to handle this business in front of a computer. Just looking for something convenient.
Must this money order transaction happen ONLINE? Can't your just go to your local post office, Wal-Mart, or convenience store and pick up a money order?
quote:
I wish all sellers would use Paypal. Most do, but there are enough who refuse to make it hard. I'm at the point now of only dealing with Paypal sellers unless they have something that I MUST have.
Agreed! Last week I had the good fortune(?) of winning an auction for which the seller ONLY took money orders?!? Grumble...grumble...didn't notice it in the auction listing UNTIL I went to check out! One thing about these inflexible sellers is that it SEEMS their items may get fewer bidders and go for lower prices than those sellers that take PayPal. In my case, I was pleased with the price for which I got the item, but then was perturbed to have to pay an additional fee to get the money order the seller wanted. Oh well, one should always carefully and completely read the auction listing!