Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice Needed: When a seller won't respond"

I once knew of a case where a seller literally went missing for months and months...my friend had bought an item from her, and never got any response. She went through all kinds of trouble to get in touch with the person...mailing her, phoning her, posting on a message board she belonged to (which I and the seller belonged to since we collect the same items), emailing her, etc. etc. Finally she got a response and the seller said she mailed the package...but, no package came. The seller said the post office must have ripped it open and sent it back to the seller... Then, the seller went missing...AGAIN! It took two whole months to finally call her house and find out the person was in the hospital suffering from some kind of sickness. This was the same reason my friend couldn't contact her the first time. In the meantime the seller was gathering so many negs on eBay that she would no longer be able to sell a thing or have a good rep again. Finally, my friend got in touch with the seller's mother and the package finally shipped and arrived. But the seller never returned again...not to eBay or the message board my friend and I belonged to. So to this day I have no idea what happened to this seller...x_x I should hope this is a rare case when buying things on eBay...my friend went through a lot of trouble to finally get her item, as did lots of other buyers.

*~samuraiblossom~*