Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice Needed: When a seller won't respond"

Dondald said, "grr.. I have two buyers like that right now! Both are only asking their questions through the ask the seller a question feature and are wondering why I have not responded! I am about ready to leave them negs.. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"

This implies that he is annoyed that buyers are contacting him through the Ask a Seller feature, because he cannot respond. He marvels that the buyers are wondering why he has not responded.

I was confused by this, as were at least two other members. Why would Donald NOT respond through that feauture? All is does is send an e-mail. Whether the buyers send him an e-mail directly, or use the Ask a Seller feature, he receives an e-mail either way.

During the checkout process, usually the seller's e-mail is provided to the buyer, and she can use that to ask the seller further questions. But some sellers have their eBay setup so that their e-mail address does NOT show up during the checkout process. In these cases, buyers who have questions for, or have not heard from, sellers, have no other option than to use the Ask a Seller feature. This was confirmed here:

Shannon said,"I don't understand either, Donald. In my case, I HAVE to use that feature. There's no other way to get ahold of them."

Donald responded,"You lost me Shannon.. Sending a message through ebay should be the same thing as sending it from an email program. They have to have an email program to read it."

That is EXACTLY Shannon's point, my point above, and Mrs. M's point:

Mrs. M said, "Donald, I think we both read your post and think for some reason you do not want a buyer to correspond with you through the ebay email response. We don't understand why and how else would a person buying get your address and what makes the difference?"

So, Donald, we are all three confused about this. You originally commented that your buyers were upset and wondered why you had not responded to the Ask a Seller feature, which led us, like your buyers, to also wonder why. When Shannon attempted to point that out, you seemed confused by the very same point.

Please help us understand! Thanks. Smile